.

.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Welcome CPS and Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan Student Volunteers to Our Project Site!

Dear blog readers,

I am so excited to inform you all that it's a big day at our project site in India tomorrow. Our friends from The College Preparatory School (CPS) in collaboration with the students of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan will be participating in the tree planting program as a part of the Global Call to Youth venture. I have to admit that I am a bit disappointed that we are not there to welcome them to the project site personally. Under the leadership of Mr. Rajegowda, the secretary of Parivarthana, we have chosen Gavadagere Higher Primary School (meaning middle school in the USA). We have chosen to plant to teak, silver oak, and pongamia saplings. The plan is to plant roughly 120 saplings. I hope that it's not going to rain heavily, but we have worked at the project site during heavy rains and it's quite fun! Especially to Adarsha, because he loves to jump in muddy puddles. :)

After the tree planting, the volunteers are going to visit Phase I and II fields. The farmers tell us that there are no ripe fruits at this time of year due to recent pruning. However, they can still see small unripe fruits. I hope that they can see the dried seeds collected by the farmers, but I'm afraid that the seeds have been sold recently to Labland Biotechs.

I can't wait to update you all about this venture once it takes place!

~Apoorva

1 comment:

  1. Dear Supreme Overlord's sister!!
    That is great news!! This time when I am at Malavalli, I will visit the project site. Gavadagere is not very far from where I come from. It has been silent in your blog spot. It is very unlike of Supreme Overlord right?? Ask him to kick it up a notch!! Good luck. How was your meeting with the president? More pictures please!
    Blessings,
    Subbanna

    ReplyDelete